|Home||» Products||» Solvent Dyes||» Orange R|
Solvent dyes from the violet hue range set yellow 62 to 90, orange 2 to 62, red 1 to 132, Blue 44 to 48, brown 43 to 48, black 5 violets 8 to 13 and green 3 to 7. Solvent dyes are brilliant dyes with good solubility in cellosolve and in many other solvents. Solvent dyes are particularly suitable for the production of transparent and lightfast shade in general coating and printing inks.
Classification of Solvent Dyes:
- Metal Complex Dyes
- Oil soluble dyes
- Polymer Soluble Dyes
Application of Solvent Dyes:
Solvent dyes are used for a great variety of purpose. The following principal uses are:
- Spirit and oil wood stains and varnishes.
- The coloration of Polymer.
- Transparent lacquers incorporating nitrocellulose, cellulose acetate, vinyl, alkyd or other synthetic resin or shellac. These are used for many purposes including foil printing.
- Inks, for rotogravure and rubber stereo printing; for coating copying paper and typewriter ribbons, for ballpoint pen and printing inks as shading.
- In fats, oils, and waxes of all kinds of candles sealing waxes, and polishes and surface finish for a great variety of materials.
- For mass coloration of molding powder and other constructional materials of cellulose acetate.
- In the leather industry for the production of aniline and semi-aniline upper leathers and for spray finishing of dyed or undyed suede tannages.
- Some minor or specialized uses include the coloring of soap, cosmetics, petrol and other fuel oils.
- Coating of glass surfaces like bangles and light bulbs.